Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Senior Insurance Utah

Medicare Insurance Solutions: For Seniors By Seniors

Medicare has Four Parts; A,B,C (Medicare Advantage Plans) and D Prescription Drug Plans


U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (residing in the U.S. for five continuous years) who are within Three months, plus the month, of their 65th birthday may enroll in Medicare Part A. If you already receive Social Security benefits or the Railroad Retirement benefits, you will be automatically enrolled in Medicare Part A the first day of the month in which you turn 65 years old. Your Medicare card will be mailed to you about three months before your 65th birthday. You are also eligible to enroll for Medicare Part B the month in which you turn 65. If you are not receiving Social Security nor Railroad Retirement pension or disability benefits, you are eligible to enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B up to three months, plus the month of your 65th birthday.If your birthday is in July 27th, you may enroll in April, with an effective date of July 1st. This Initial Enrollment Period continues through the three months after the month of your birthday. To enroll during this period, you must submit your Medicare application to the Social Security Administration, see link on our home page, or request assistence from our Benefits Advisor.

Individuals under the age of 65 are eligible to enroll in Medicare Parts A and B if they meet one of the following conditions:

You have a qualifying disability such as blindness or a qualifying medical condition

You received disability payments from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board for the past 24 months

You are a disabled widow or widower between age 50 and age 65 but have not applied for disability benefits because you’re already getting another kind of Social Security benefit

          You have permanent kidney failure and you receive dialysis and/or have received a kidney transplant and you (or your spouse or parent if you are a dependent) meet certain work conditions.

Individuals who have Medicare Part A and Part B may enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan during the Initial Enrollment Period, Turning 65, and the AEP from October vember 15th through December 7th, 2012. An individual enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan (Part C) may disenroll from his or her Medicare Advantage plan and return to Original Medicare (With Option to Enroll in a Medicare Supplement Plan) and a stand-alone Part D prescription drug plan during the first 45 days of the calendar year; January 1st to February 14th, the Annual Dis-enrollment Period ADP. A Medicare Advantage enrollee, however, cannot switch from his or her existing Medicare Advantage plan to a different plan during this period.

As is the case for Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage plans allow for Special Enrollment Periods (SEP) for qualifying individuals. Some of the conditions that can qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period are:

Any time you move to a new coverage area

If you suffer from certain chronic medical conditions

You are enrolled in the Extra Help from the government or qualify for this program

You are enrolled in Medicaid

Part D Prescription Drug Plan

In 2015, the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) for Medicare Part D runs from October 15th through December 7th. Effective date is January 1, 2016 Any Medicare Part A recipient can enroll in a Part D plan or switch Part D plans at this time. Individuals can also enroll in a Part D plan if they qualify for a Special Enrollment Periods (SEP). Part D has identical qualifications for a Special Enrollment Period as those listed above in the Medicare Advantage section of this page.

NOTE: You can delay your Medicare Part B enrollment without having to pay higher premiums. If you didn’t take Medicare Part B when you were first eligible because you or your spouse were working and had credible group health plan coverage through your or your spouse’s employer or union, you can sign up for Medicare Part B during a Special Enrollment Period. You can sign up:

Anytime you are still covered by the employer or union group health plan through your or your spouse’s current or active employment, or

During the 8 months following the month the employer or union group health plan coverage ends, or when the employment ends (whichever is first).

If you enroll in Medicare Part B while covered by the group health plan or during the first full month after coverage ends, your Medicare Part B coverage starts on the first day of the month you enroll. You also can delay the start date for Medicare Part B coverage until the first day of any of the following 3 months.

Your Medicare Part B premium may go up 10 percent for each 12 month period that you could have had Medicare Part B, but did not take it. For example, in 2015, the Medicare Part B premium is $104.90 If you delayed enrolling in Medicare Part B for 24 months from the time you first could have had Medicare Part B, you will be subject to a late enrollment penalty.